Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SD possibly from antibiotics ...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SD possibly from antibiotics ... Empty SD possibly from antibiotics ... Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:11 am

Chaostheory8

Hi. So I've followed area-1255's posts in the past and have been experiencing sexual dysfunction for 12-14 years now. I also have had depression and anxiety for most of my life, and ocd. I have adrenal fatigue and autoimmune thyroid issues as well. As long as I can remember, I've felt disconnected from other people. I don't ever know exactly how I'm feeling and have experienced little pleasure from things for the past 12-14 years.

I think this is partly caused by antibiotics. Given the similarity of my symptoms to autism, I've been exploring the treatments for that but it's too complicated for me in my state. I did try several ssris, but luckily didn't notice any worsening of the above mentioned symptoms from them. I'm currently off them and only taking the drug lamotrigine. I used to take memantine. I'm also taking a boatload of supplements per the advice of my doctor.

Which brings me to my dilemna. My doctor wants to first give me supplements to make my thyroid work better, and then start me on serotonin/melatonin neurotransmitter supplements right after. I'm of the opinion more serotonin isn't the first thing I should do since I've been getting by without it, and I should first try my best to fix whatever is causing my anhedonia/sexual dysfunction. What is your opinion? There are other options I've considered. Like I'm currently working on fixing my gut due to it's connection to autoimmune. Also I had a noticeable herxhmeirer reaction to taking olive leaf extract so am suspecting a possible infection and might try an enzyme supplement specifically for viruses and immune system. I've also read about a compound called taltirelin and might try that in the future if it becomes available and I'm still having symptoms that seem like thyroid (it's just an idea in the back of my mind for the future, and I saw it on longecity).

So what do you think? Am I right to hold off on serotonin supplements? The doctor wanted to wait a year to start them while I fix diet and take supplements, but changed his mind because I complained too much about how I can't function well and participate in life. Oh and also I've apparently had a sinus infection for years without noticing, and was wondering what I could do about it other than antibiotics...perhaps what I'm doing to support my immune system is enough.

2SD possibly from antibiotics ... Empty Re: SD possibly from antibiotics ... Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Chaostheory8 wrote:Hi. So I've followed area-1255's posts in the past and have been experiencing sexual dysfunction for 12-14 years now. I also have had depression and anxiety for most of my life, and ocd. I have adrenal fatigue and autoimmune thyroid issues as well. As long as I can remember, I've felt disconnected from other people. I don't ever know exactly how I'm feeling and have experienced little pleasure from things for the past 12-14 years.

I think this is partly caused by antibiotics. Given the similarity of my symptoms to autism, I've been exploring the treatments for that but it's too complicated for me in my state. I did try several ssris, but luckily didn't notice any worsening of the above mentioned symptoms from them. I'm currently off them and only taking the drug lamotrigine. I used to take memantine. I'm also taking a boatload of supplements per the advice of my doctor.

Which brings me to my dilemna. My doctor wants to first give me supplements to make my thyroid work better, and then start me on serotonin/melatonin neurotransmitter supplements right after. I'm of the opinion more serotonin isn't the first thing I should do since I've been getting by without it, and I should first try my best to fix whatever is causing my anhedonia/sexual dysfunction. What is your opinion? There are other options I've considered. Like I'm currently working on fixing my gut due to it's connection to autoimmune. Also I had a noticeable herxhmeirer reaction to taking olive leaf extract so am suspecting a possible infection and might try an enzyme supplement specifically for viruses and immune system. I've also read about a compound called taltirelin and might try that in the future if it becomes available and I'm still having symptoms that seem like thyroid (it's just an idea in the back of my mind for the future, and I saw it on longecity).

So what do you think? Am I right to hold off on serotonin supplements? The doctor wanted to wait a year to start them while I fix diet and take supplements, but changed his mind because I complained too much about how I can't function well and participate in life. Oh and also I've apparently had a sinus infection for years without noticing, and was wondering what I could do about it other than antibiotics...perhaps what I'm doing to support my immune system is enough.

How old are you now?

I'd hold off on the serotonin supplements.

At least until you have the Gut issue under control.

A lot of things can affect your Sinuses, anything from poor cavities, to excess drainage, to low blood pressure and to physical abnormalities in the upper Maxillary. Frontal changes due to injury, or due to infection, including things like the Flu, or even to bacterial infection. The middle turbinate could be affected by the same things, or to nose injury as a Youth. Any of which could lead to these issues and a higher susceptibility to Sinusitis (Sinus Infection).

Various herpes strains can cause sinus issues in long-term, or under 'reactivation' circumstances.

What it sounds like to me is get tested for Lyme disease, and run an EBV test and mono-stat for epstein-barr virus and mononucleosis infection. Test heavy metals to see if they are contributing to your fatigue, you could also have a gastroenteritis or gastrointestinal infection. I'm thinking if there is something there then that could affect the amount of serotonin flowing in your gut, and this creates the symptoms you mentioned.

If there's a purely neuronal issue (which I doubt there is), then it is likely incidental due to what else is going on in your system. Adrenal Fatigue usually relates to Copper excess or deficiency. There may be poor blood levels of Zinc, Magnesium, Iron and B12. So you should test the levels of those vitamins or have your G.P/PCP test them.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

3SD possibly from antibiotics ... Empty Re: SD possibly from antibiotics ... Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Chaostheory8

How old are you now?

24 and a half.

I'd hold off on the serotonin supplements.

I agree. I think they'll understand, since originally he wanted to wait a year while the adrenal fatigue and gut improved.

At least until you have the Gut issue under control.

Yeah. How would you eat to achieve this? I've seen so many diets but am unsure which one is most effective. I talked to a naturopath and she gave me a list of things to eliminate- gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, and shellfish. But as far as healing the gut I'm confused about what's necessary.

A lot of things can affect your Sinuses, anything from poor cavities, to excess drainage, to low blood pressure and to physical abnormalities in the upper Maxillary. Frontal changes due to injury, or due to infection, including things like the Flu, or even to bacterial infection. The middle turbinate could be affected by the same things, or to nose injury as a Youth. Any of which could lead to these issues and a higher susceptibility to Sinusitis (Sinus Infection).

Yes, I went to an ENT and they said they'd look at the structure of my nose, but only after I did a 2 month course of antibiotics. I didn't want to risk the increase in serotonin that I heard can happen as well as my gut flora, so I didn't take them. I've actually been experimenting with doing ozone saunas and in the future may try bubbling some ozone up through olive oil to help with them.

Various herpes strains can cause sinus issues in long-term, or under 'reactivation' circumstances.

Interesting. When I was exploring the chronic fatigue research for ideas that might help, herpes infection of the vagus nerve was one of the potential causes.

What it sounds like to me is get tested for Lyme disease, and run an EBV test and mono-stat for epstein-barr virus and mononucleosis infection. Test heavy metals to see if they are contributing to your fatigue, you could also have a gastroenteritis or gastrointestinal infection. I'm thinking if there is something there then that could affect the amount of serotonin flowing in your gut, and this creates the symptoms you mentioned.

My doctor said I had autoimmune activity in my gut when he had me do a stool test. EBV and mono were negative when tested for by my PCP, but I've never been tested for lyme. I've heard there are a lot of false negatives. I wonder how I'd treat it if I don't take antibiotics.

If there's a purely neuronal issue (which I doubt there is), then it is likely incidental due to what else is going on in your system. Adrenal Fatigue usually relates to Copper excess or deficiency. There may be poor blood levels of Zinc, Magnesium, Iron and B12. So you should test the levels of those vitamins or have your G.P/PCP test them.[/quote]

The minerals have all been tested for and I was deficient in all of those, except for B12. So that will be improved upon.

I'll also add that I'm female although my personality is kind of aggressive, so I don't know if there's anything hormonal going on. I'll probably also have that tested, but I think it's possible that's all resulted from some kind of infection...which I'd rather focus on first.

Also, how long does it take for the gut to heal? I trust your perspective more than the majority's. A lot of what I hear sounds kind of bleak; like it won't ever heal to a healthy person's.

Thanks for the response. I have a phone appointment at 11 tomorrow with the doctor and if you see this beforehand could you try and respond? I'd like to revise my notes to talk to them about.

I know I can figure this out. I just need a little encouragement.

4SD possibly from antibiotics ... Empty Re: SD possibly from antibiotics ... Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 am

Chaostheory8

The phone appointment has been changed to 12:15 eastern standard time today.

I also forgot to add that since 4-5 years old (not entirely sure...have to look at medical records) I've taken antihistamines because my parents were worried about me coughing up mucus at night and my nose being stuff, and they assumed it was allergies and took me to the dr. who agreed and put me on a steroid spray. Since then I've taken nasonex and zyrtec til middle school when I realized whatever was going on up there (looking back I'm assuming an infection since it lasted year round not just seasonal) had dried up.

So that's another thing I'm worried about. I've always had a low libido and actually only had an orgasm once (at age 9), and after that I couldn't anymore and the situation slowly got worse. Do you think I should try what you did for histamines? My doctor recently tested that along with a lot of other things, and I guess I had high-normal histamine. Methylation was fine.

Also, I have upper airway resistance syndrome. I use a cpap. But my doctor says it's caused by the lack of serotonin.

That's everything that seems relevant to me. I'll see how this appointment goes, it's mostly to talk about hormones, and report back.

5SD possibly from antibiotics ... Empty Re: SD possibly from antibiotics ... Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Chaostheory8 wrote:The phone appointment has been changed to 12:15 eastern standard time today.

I also forgot to add that since 4-5 years old (not entirely sure...have to look at medical records) I've taken antihistamines because my parents were worried about me coughing up mucus at night and my nose being stuff, and they assumed it was allergies and took me to the dr. who agreed and put me on a steroid spray. Since then I've taken nasonex and zyrtec til middle school when I realized whatever was going on up there (looking back I'm assuming an infection since it lasted year round not just seasonal) had dried up.

So that's another thing I'm worried about. I've always had a low libido and actually only had an orgasm once (at age 9), and after that I couldn't anymore and the situation slowly got worse. Do you think I should try what you did for histamines? My doctor recently tested that along with a lot of other things, and I guess I had high-normal histamine. Methylation was fine.

Also, I have upper airway resistance syndrome. I use a cpap. But my doctor says it's caused by the lack of serotonin.

That's everything that seems relevant to me. I'll see how this appointment goes, it's mostly to talk about hormones, and report back.

Alright, I have a better idea of what's going on here.

1.) The long-term antibiotics have destroyed your 'good bacteria' in your Gut.
2.) This has opened you up to Gastroenteritis (a Gastrointestinal infection possibly related to H.pylori or other 'bad bacteria' normally controlled by good bacteria).
3.) It sounds you like you have 'acquired' a hormone imbalance in part, because of the digestive issues and sensitivities.
4.) The long-term steroid use and Zyrtec use has weakened your immune system and beneficial mucus, respectively.
5.) Histamine is essential to orgasm, ESPECIALLY for Females.

Your solutions...

Arrow Cease antibiotics immediately.
Arrow Start drinking KEFIR and taking Pre/Probiotics.

Here's a brand of organic Honey in Royal Jelly for Prebiotics --> http://ow.ly/vr5D307Vipg
Here's a good brand of intestinal flora balancing Probiotic yogurt -->   http://ow.ly/VZzn307ViMb

Still supplement with refrigerated PRE/PROBIOTICS.
-->   http://ow.ly/QYYy307Vjam

Arrow Start taking Vitamin D; liquid/sublingual form. Mild - moderate dosage.
Arrow Test all hormones, and increase Protein intake from any source but preferably not dairy.
Arrow Start taking Methylfolate, B3, B6.
Arrow Start taking a strong Curcumin product along with Olive Leaf Extract >20% Oleuropein + Garlic (Kyolic) supplements for 3 weeks. 3 Weeks only, but keep supplements aside in a cupboard, should be handy when another infection comes along instead of dosing antibiotics, just 'aggressively' dose those three supplements. They cover both bacterial and viral infections.

Now...when you say 'aggressive', do you mean a manly aggressive or angry/irritated aggression? Is it moody/PMS like or optimism-calculated aggression? It all depends on the context. I'm a very aggressive person in many ways but it relates mostly towards motivation, or correcting issues with my own staff at facilities.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum