Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best ways to deal with depression [True Root]

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Redhood

Hello everyone and i want to thank Area for creating this forum. Too bad that this site is so hard to find. Also here we have very priceless PSSD suggestions but depression and anxiety section is not so developed, so that's why i am creating this topic. I'm writing here because other forums offers very typical and not so good advices for depression and anxiety - for example - "try NDRI instead of SSRI, or "if you want to cure depression, try to sleep better", or "PSSD is uncurable etc." I don't want to waste my time there.
I prefer opend-minded advices, so want to ask you AREA and others about possible and successful, holistic treatment for depression and social anxiety.

Short background:
I'm 23 male from Austria,Europe. My problems began when i was 13 years old with no particular reason. From outgoing normal kid, i started to be shy hermit with somatic symptoms (hard breathing etc.),who was afraid of everything. Then couple years later depression kicks in. I was mostly afraid of going out anywhere and most of the time i was suicidal. But my motivation to achieve my dreams someday was strong enough to keep me alive till now.

What partially works for my Depression and Anxiety:

- Chiropractice. In last class of my high school, my buddy recommend me to visist chiropractor. I went there and after one visit i was released. There was no more tension in my body. There was no side effects. First time in couple years i feel like my neurotransmitters are flowing properly. I was happy because i thought that there was nothing wrong with my psyhique, there is just something wrong with my spine. This chiropractic things helps me to survive and enjoy my last high school year with most awesome prom ever. However, after stressful situations like first date with new girl etc. or after working out, tension was back again and i need another visit. After couple of visits, periods without tension became shorter and shorter and then stopped working. Treatment was not effective anymore and my spine cracks all the time. I have to give up on that and start my life again with more tension and more depression. If you taste normal life and then depression hits again, it hits bigger.

- SSRI - hidden hell. I was afraid of antidepressants, but i was in point of my life when i didn't care anymore. I feel that i can't lose more, because i have nothing. I was wrong. I can lose my libido, my emotions and my life purpose - thanks to SSRIs. I was on fluoxetine for 2,5 years. First year was very blissful - I enjoyed my half zombie state, not feeling spectacular side effects. Then after 1 - 1,5 year apathy and sleepness became big issue. Then i realised that i don't feel emotions anymore even for very strong expiriences. Then after 2,5 year i realised that i don't have libido and morning woods anymore. I decided to stop and try something else but now i had SSRI stigma. Try SSRI only if you want to convience yourself that things can get worse (that means never try it). However the fact is that i can have some issues with serotonin.

- Wellbutrin - after SSRI i tried wellbutrin. It was harsh at first because there was huge anxiety but it faded away. Libido partially comeback and i can masturbate once a day, but it was impossible to have erection without stimulation and erection wasn't that hard, especially when i have sex with girlfriend. But i get some of my emotions back, i cried first time in 2,5 years and my depression was somewhat managable. Unfortunately the big issue was anticholinergic effects of wellbutrin. I was partially stupid, forget things etc. My english became worse. I started to loss hairs. I have to change it to another AD, but it was obvious that i have some issues with dopamine also.

- Moclobemide - at this MAOI i have one awesome day when i felt almost like in pure normal state. However on this MAOI and every other, i vomit constantly and that's make using them impossible. Suggestion - Maybe i have problems with neurotransmitters in my stomatch

- Xanax - benzodiazepines work wonders for my anxiety, but due to abusing potential i used it only recreational in stressful situations maybe once every month or two, mixed with alcohol it makes me social god, so probably i have some issues with GABA also. Suggestion - Maybe i just have some problems with converting neurotransmitters?

After all this meds i tried wellbutrin one more time, but it didn't work again. Long story short I went to massive depression and social anxiety once again. Obvious it was harder than before because thanks to AD i made friends, girlfriends, social life etc. Funny enough i made it, but i can't be happy about it - because i was emotionless. At this point i was not only depressed, but also with decreased libido, anxiety, apathy, hair loss,i felt stupid and emotionless. I feel like completely different person. Notice where i started with depression and anxiety only and where i ended with other things thanks to this drugs.

Thankfully after couple of months i tried new antidepressant Brintellix which find out to be another ssri but with fewer sexual side effetcs. Brintellix and wellbutrin helped me to get back on track, but to lesser level than drugs before and with side effects. Mine PSSD was worse and i can't even penetrate girl properly. And this is where I want to end this. I was and I am desperate to find a way from this shit.

SAME- then i found SAME, i don't know it is safe long term or not, but at least it's occuring natural in body and i don't feel side effects. However it treats my depression to only some degree and almost not touch anxiety. But it is like blessing, because thanks to that i was 6 months AD free. Unfortunately my libido coming back very slowly, my emotions back slowly also, my erections are pretty non-existent without arginine supplementation and i am partially depressed. I had to back to brintellix just for 6 months to handle some things.

I want to say goodbye completely to Antidepressants in march, then take care about my depression and PSSD with area advices and i am searching for best long-term solution without side effects and i want to find true root of depression.
Area can you help me with bringing my brain to normal state again but with managing depression also?
Area i am counting on yours suggestions, that will help my case and other people interested in depression and anxiety topic!

Take Care, Ernest.

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Very sorry to hear of your seemingly life-long Ordeal. I can help you.

If moclobemide caused Vomiting and you suspect gut issues; this points towards a serotonin issue. Specifically; a pathological/physiological EXCESS of Serotonin which is also consistent with your Social Anxiety. SSRI's only *seem* to help anxiety because they downregulate serotonin receptors so technically they have an anti-serotonin effect (but this is due to homeostatic/adaptive mechanisms within the brain/body). Additionally, many SSRI's such as Fluvoxamine (LUVOX) and Prozac bind to NEUROSTEROID Receptors (Sigma 1/2).

You should get off AD's eventually. Brintellix isn't a bad anti-depressant but it doesn't get to the root of the Issue. I only advocate these forms of pharmaceutical compounds if Indeed, the serotonergic excess can't be contained by other methods/mechanisms (such as Shilajit, Feverfew, Zinc, histamine stimulation etc). In which case , Mianserin is the preferred anti-depressant compound for both Depression and low libido/motivation as well as Cognitive/Memory Issues that may emerge due to the existing imbalance/s.

READ THIS ARTICLE : http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/07/02/social-anxiety-disorder.aspx

The Reason why there is such a DISTORTION amongst REPORTS and why so many FEEL that things that block serotonin to increase ANXIETY is because they often do NOT consider the OTHER MECHANISMS behind the drug (IN OTHER WORDS, NOT SOLELY ANTI-SEROTONIN DRUGS)..this distorts the PROFILE of the drug.

FOR EXAMPLE : Risperidone blocks multiple serotonin receptors HOWEVER it also BLOCKS Dopamine receptors causing an INCREASE in NORADRENALINE etc...noradrenaline and serotonin both cause anxiety and thus lowering serotonin but boosting noradrenaline produces no favorable effects whereas LOWERING BOTH SEROTONIN AND NORADRENALINE Produces FAVORABLE Effects..

I also suspect due to your depiction of symptoms that you may have HIGH OR LOW HISTAMINE, please read my article on histamine imbalances to see where you stand. Surprised

Arrow http://area1255.blogspot.com/2014/08/how-to-tell-if-you-are-low-histamine-or.html

Also, here's my article on Histamine-receptors and their interactions with other neurotransmitter systems (whether histamine increases , decreases , regulates , glutamate, dopamine, serotonin, GABA etc).

Arrow http://area1255.blogspot.com/2014/08/histamine-receptors-h1h2h3-and.html

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

Redhood

Thank you for your message. You can't even image how much words "I CAN HELP YOU" means to me. Truly truly thank you.

For what i understand i was High-Histaminic before SSRI treatment. I was having high libido, huge motivation about the world and success and other high-histamine symptoms.
After SSRI i possibly become low-histamine, because i have gynecomastia now, low sex drive, low motivation.
However i also have high levels of prolactin possibly from taking brintellix. But i do not understand what i can do with histamine right now.

I can completely be off antidepressants, but with one condition - i have to take SAMe - dietary supplement. With SAMe it's not that huge problem. Then i can add advices that are mentioned in mercola article.

I didn't consider mianserin because of huge weight gain/sedation.
But if it will be necessary i will do it.

CAN YOU PROVIDE ME A THERAPEUTIC PLAN, WHAT I SHOULD TAKE/EAT TO BRING MY BRAIN TO PRE-SSRI STATE AND BE FREE OF MY PROBLEMS? (what diet, what supplements etc.)

Thank you, and i hope that Christmas was great. Ernest.

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:Thank you for your message. You can't even image how much words "I CAN HELP YOU" means to me. Truly truly thank you.

For what i understand i was High-Histaminic before SSRI treatment. I was having high libido, huge motivation about the world and success and other high-histamine symptoms.
After SSRI i possibly become low-histamine, because i have gynecomastia now, low sex drive, low motivation.
However i also have high levels of prolactin possibly from taking brintellix. But i do not understand what i can do with histamine right now.

I can completely be off antidepressants, but with one condition - i have to take SAMe - dietary supplement. With SAMe it's not that huge problem. Then i can add advices that are mentioned in mercola article.

I didn't consider mianserin because of huge weight gain/sedation.
But if it will be necessary i will do it.

CAN YOU PROVIDE ME A THERAPEUTIC PLAN, WHAT I SHOULD TAKE/EAT TO BRING MY BRAIN TO PRE-SSRI STATE AND BE FREE OF MY PROBLEMS? (what diet, what supplements etc.)

Thank you, and i hope that Christmas was great. Ernest.

SAMe will DECREASE Histamine further; as it contains a methionine donor...my best Advice is stay away from further methylation-Insinuating programs - and avoid methyl-donor-containing foods.

EXAMPLE : Replace STEAK Proteins with SEAFOOD, EGGS, AND CHICKEN.

Can you buy MACA Powder?

Maca has libidogenic properties and contains high amounts of Histidine and other important precursors...

You should test SPECIFIC RATIO's of hormones.
Testosterone:E2, specifically . Dealing with Estrogen will cause part of the Prolactin (PRL) Issue to Cease, if it applies. (the estrogen issue).

Try the following...

• HIGH-PROTEIN DIET (Including tons of SALMON, and WHOLE ORGANIC OATS)
  • Buy a BAG of MACA (or Capsules)
  • Buy SHILAJIT (supplement)
  • Buy Mucuna Pruriens (40% L-DOPA)
  • Buy Butea Superba Extract
  • REPLACE TABLE SALT WITH HIMALAYAN SALT
  • Follow in through Diet by adding GARLIC POWDER and Cayenne to some of your Suitable Foods.

***CAYENNE LOADING is a Trick where you take good amounts of it with Food for three days; twice per day ; 6-hours APART (AFTERNOON AND NIGHT MEAL OR MORNING AND NIGHT MEAL, RESPECTIVELY), this causes your Adrenal's to suddenly shift the balance between dopamine/noradrenaline; creating a favorable biochemical balance 'from the ground up'.***

Go to Below Site for all goods/herbs - he's the best dealer.  Wink

{ WWW.BARLOWESHERBALELIXIRS.COM }

Redhood

Area-1255 wrote:

SAMe will DECREASE Histamine further; as it contains a methionine donor...my best Advice is stay away from further methylation-Insinuating programs - and avoid methyl-donor-containing foods.

Can you buy MACA Powder?

You should test SPECIFIC RATIO's of hormones.
Testosterone:E2, specifically . Dealing with Estrogen will cause part of the Prolactin (PRL) Issue to Cease, if it applies. (the estrogen issue).

• HIGH-PROTEIN DIET (Including tons of SALMON, and WHOLE ORGANIC OATS)
  • Buy a BAG of MACA (or Capsules)
  • Buy SHILAJIT (supplement)
  • Buy Mucuna Pruriens (40% L-DOPA)
  • Buy Butea Superba Extract
  • REPLACE TABLE SALT WITH HIMALAYAN SALT
  • Follow in through Diet by adding GARLIC POWDER and Cayenne to some of your Suitable Foods.

***CAYENNE LOADING is a Trick where you take good amounts of it with Food for three days; twice per day ; 6-hours APART (AFTERNOON AND NIGHT MEAL OR MORNING AND NIGHT MEAL, RESPECTIVELY), this causes your Adrenal's to suddenly shift the balance between dopamine/noradrenaline; creating a favorable biochemical balance 'from the ground up'.***

OK Area i am motivated to do everything you listed to show people that depression and social anxiety can be beaten. It will happen and i will go from Europe to you and i will personally thank you haha Very Happy
This post summary all my thoughts after your advices and also my future treatment plans.

I bought MACA powder and Icariin and i am taking them with brintellix. I will begin my proper teraphy when i will be completely Brintellix free (due to personal situation - new work enviroment etc., i wish to take Brintellix for next 3-4 months).

Can you add dosages of each supplement from the list?
Cayenne Loading - how much cayenne?

These are my hormone test results:
I made this test being antidepressant free for 6 months and only thing i was taken that time was SAME (800mg daily)

Free Testosterone - 0.27nmol/L (norms: 0.17 - 0.66)
Testosterone Bioavailable - 6.61nmol/L (n:4.0 - 15.5)
Estradiol - 38 pg/ml (n:20 - 75)
Prolactin - 14.32 ng/ml (n:2.64 - 13.13) - above norm
Testosterone - 3.30 ng/ml (n:1.75 - 7.81) - very low Sad
SHBG - 18.1 nmol/l (13.30 - 89.50)
Cortisol - 215.44 nmol/l (n: up to 276)
DHEA - 7.32 ng/ml (n: 1.80 - 12.50)

That's all i have. I did this test on afternoon (important for cortisol?)
I was destroyed when i saw this results, all of them are very low. I want to back to my old personality and sexuality.

That's what my plan is:

Before being off brintellix:
1.I will be on brintellix until end of april, but i will start to tapering slowly (january - 10 mg, february - 7,5mg, march - 5mg, april - 2,5mg).

2.I will have to take SAME after april or i will be expiriencie terrible deppression and anxiety, but after your supplements will start to work i will withdraw SAME.

3.I am taking icariin, MACA, l-arginine and multivitamin also.
4.I will add garlic powder and cayenne as soon as possible.
5. At 20 of january i am starting paleo diet and will replace all of salt with himalayan one, and will not eat any methyl-donor-foods.

Then after i taper Brintellix and be antidepressant free, I will introduce following supplements:

1.SHILAJIT
2.Mucuna Pruriens (L-dopa) - is it safe?
3.Butea Superba Extract

What dosages?
How long i should take it? - for the rest of my life?

What else you suggest for depression and social anxiety?
First was social anxiety and somatic symptoms and after couple years of suffering depression comes in.

And also for 3 months i will be taking supplements for your PSSD suggestion:
- BERBERINE
- Icariin
- Tongkat Ali
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Turmeric and Forskolin
- Arimidex

Can you comment my results?
Can you comment my supplement plans?
Am I thinking right?
I am so happy and motivated to do something. I will be normal. I belive it.

Thank you for you support. Ernest

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:
I bought MACA powder and Icariin and i am taking them with brintellix. I will begin my proper teraphy when i will be completely Brintellix free (due to personal situation - new work enviroment etc., i wish to take Brintellix for next 3-4 months).

Can you add dosages of each supplement from the list?
Cayenne Loading - how much cayenne?

These are my hormone test results:
I made this test being antidepressant free for 6 months and only thing i was taken that time was SAME (800mg daily)

Free Testosterone - 0.27nmol/L (norms: 0.17 - 0.66)
Testosterone Bioavailable - 6.61nmol/L (n:4.0 - 15.5)
Estradiol - 38 pg/ml (n:20 - 75)
Prolactin - 14.32 ng/ml (n:2.64 - 13.13) - above norm
Testosterone - 3.30 ng/ml (n:1.75 - 7.81) - very low Sad
SHBG - 18.1 nmol/l (13.30 - 89.50)
Cortisol - 215.44 nmol/l (n: up to 276)
DHEA - 7.32 ng/ml (n: 1.80 - 12.50)

That's all i have. I did this test on afternoon (important for cortisol?)
I was destroyed when i saw this results, all of them are very low. I want to back to my old personality and sexuality.

That's what my plan is:

Before being off brintellix:
1.I will be on brintellix until end of april, but i will start to tapering slowly (january - 10 mg, february - 7,5mg, march - 5mg, april - 2,5mg).

2.I will have to take SAME after april or i will be expiriencie terrible deppression and anxiety, but after your supplements will start to work i will withdraw SAME.

3.I am taking icariin, MACA, l-arginine and multivitamin also.
4.I will add garlic powder and cayenne as soon as possible.
5. At 20 of january i am starting paleo diet and will replace all of salt with himalayan one, and will not eat any methyl-donor-foods.

Then after i taper Brintellix and be antidepressant free, I will introduce following supplements:

1.SHILAJIT
2.Mucuna Pruriens (L-dopa) - is it safe?
3.Butea Superba Extract

What dosages?
How long i should take it? - for the rest of my life?

What else you suggest for depression and social anxiety?
First was social anxiety and somatic symptoms and after couple years of suffering depression comes in.

And also for 3 months i will be taking supplements for your PSSD suggestion:
- BERBERINE
- Icariin
- Tongkat Ali
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Turmeric and Forskolin
- Arimidex

Can you comment my results?
Can you comment my supplement plans?
Am I thinking right?
I am so happy and motivated to do something. I will be normal. I belive it.  

Thank you for you support. Ernest

Yes, and Brintellix is not a bad anti-Depressant; it has a lot of beneficial effects.

Mucuna IS SAFE , and you should take anywhere from 200mg / twice a day or 500 mg twice a day - depending on what brand and concentration you Get. With my Friend {BARLOWE'S} brand, you ONLY NEED ONE OR TWO CAPSULES per Day. Wink

You can use Cayenne with your Food; or about half-a-Teaspoon twice a day.

You should add Safed Musli as well which shows some benefit in both Depression and other endocrine-disrupted-State's; it boosts BOTH Testosterone & AntiOxidant's.

Arrow  Arrow  You can buy Arimidex ~HERE~ if you don't have any other source for it. Ships most places WorldWide and is verified by third-party lab analysis! {brand name stuff!}

https://www.napsgear.org/product_info.php?ref=2522&products_id=7083

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3902593/
http://www.i-scholar.in/index.php/Rjppd/article/view/58399
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4141081/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731873/

Last edited by Area-1255 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Redhood

Ok thanks for everything. I will try to buy something from your friends, because from what i understand it your source of income.
What is dosage for shilajit?

Can brintellix produce PSSD like other ssri?
Are you recommend it or not to everyday use?
Thanks for everything one more time.
Maybe i shoul add probiotics also because i have problem with gut.
I vomited after moclobemide and caapi (RIMAs) and also after selegiline (MAO-B inhibitor).

Redhood

And btw. What you think about my test results? It can be due to fluoxetine treatment?

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:Ok thanks for everything. I will try to buy something from your friends, because from what i understand it your source of income.
What is dosage for shilajit?

Can brintellix produce PSSD like other ssri?
Are you recommend it or not to everyday use?
Thanks for everything one more time.
Maybe i shoul add probiotics also because i have problem with gut.
I vomited after moclobemide and caapi (RIMAs) and also after selegiline (MAO-B inhibitor).

Well the reason I recommend Barlowe is because he offers the best quality at the lowest possible price. I've used his products for Years and he presents COA's with all of his merchandise.

I really don't trust a whole lotta companies out there; especially the more 'formal' one's that don't keep a low-profile..rather the tight-knit 'family' of Companies I support in any way are because of Trust & Experience, nothing more.

Brintellix carries a significantly LESS chance of PSSD; however, in some cases - Premature Ejaculation is the most reported event.

Because it shares the properties of Buspirone - you can still use it safely with those above Sup's and overall it can help shift the balance between Dopamine and Serotonin.

Shilajit's dosage depends on which brand you buy; capsules or the PASTE. Generally it's 500 MG up to 4x a day.

..And Yes, the hormone issues have something to do with the SSRI as well as Stress associated with the transition between discontinuation and during this Process of Recovery.

Redhood

OK i get everything. I will start my treatment soon. Hope i will get better. You have idea why SAME is treating my depression?

I have two other important questions:
         - i want to start cycle of Winstrol (10mg - small dosage) and i am wondering is it safe and what drug should will be my ?
- is it possible to be completely healed from past imbalance, for how long i should wait
- bezno are sometimes wonder drug for me what are the best ways to deal with GABA issues but without benzos

YOU CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH YOUR HELP MEAN TO ME

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:OK i get everything. I will start my treatment soon. Hope i will get better. You have idea why SAME is treating my depression?

I have two other important questions:
         - i want to start cycle of Winstrol (10mg - small dosage) and i am wondering is it safe and what drug should will be my ?
        - is it possible to be completely healed from past imbalance, for how long i should wait
        - bezno are sometimes wonder drug for me what are the best ways to deal with GABA issues but without benzos

YOU CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH YOUR HELP MEAN TO ME

Winstrol is fairly Safe, but who is recommending you use that?
The compound is kinda 'old-school' and has androgenic properties > Anabolic properties.

Yes, it's possible with hard work to fully recover but it will take a while..it most likely won't happen in a matter of Weeks or Days...

Read my article for GABAergics.
http://area1255.blogspot.com/2015/06/gaba-transaminase-inhibitors-gaba.html

Redhood

Winstrol - my trainer recommend it to me to workout purposes and for better and faster effects. You know something better?
You know Area i'm Young guy. I am dreaming about beautiful wife, kids and happy family. From the other hands i don't have emotions, proper motivation and sex drive. I can't give good sex to a girl. I am partially died inside.
So if it will be 2 years, 3 years to recover i will survive. But more idk. Is it possible to have happy life? How long recover will take?

Also another question what you think about nrx-1074 or ketamine for depression) maybe it's a chance?

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:Winstrol - my trainer recommend it to me to workout purposes and for better and faster effects. You know something better?
You know Area i'm Young guy. I am dreaming about beautiful wife, kids and happy family. From the other hands i don't have emotions, proper motivation and sex drive. I can't give good sex to a girl. I am partially died inside.
So if it will be 2 years, 3 years to recover i will survive. But more idk. Is it possible to have happy life? How long recover will take?

Also another question what you think about nrx-1074 or ketamine for depression) maybe it's a chance?

It might help with workouts. Masteron is typically better for sex drive though.

I don't recommend any drug in the NMDA-antagonist class as NMDA is an important component of normal cognitive function. It is also necessary for libido/erections.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7518086
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9421131

Redhood

Best ways to deal with depression [True Root]  Image1[JOURNAL UPDATE] - 1st Week of my battle

Hey i want to post little update about my journey fighting depression and social anxiety.

What i am taking right now:

Chemical compunds:
I change my dosage of Brintellix from 10mg to 8mg. Huge change in efectivness - not seen. I am slowly saying goodbye to AD ! Very Happy

Natural supplements:

For Depression/Social Anxiety/ Cognitive Function:
Shilajit- 500mg x3
Mucuna Pruriens 335mg x2
Gingko Biloba 200mg day, 100 mg night
EGCG - to potent Mucuna - 300 mg daily
Vit. D3 - 1000 IU daily
SAME - 400 mg day, 400 mg night

For Libido/PSSD issuess:
Icariin (Horny Goat Weed) - 2000mg
Turmeric - 1500 mg
Maca - 1000mg daily
Cordyceps - 300mg x3

For Hair Loss:
Biotin - 5mg daily

Changes:
So far no change in my mood or mental state.
My libido went up that i am more aroused in normal situations. Erection are still weak. Sensations and orgasms are weak too.
From what I see SHILAJIT should be a miracle cure for depression, but i am concerned about quality and lack of proper reviews. (from what i've read it is hard to get good quality shilajit)
I am taking supplements since 5 days, so I effects can not been there yet.
I am in good condition, motivated to futher research and beating up this stupid ilness.

Questions:

What you think about Gotu Kola for anxiety in my state?
What you think about Histidine to increase histamine levels?
What would be best possible steroid for gym purposes like reduction and muscle building? I am searching for something completely safe for my libido and depression.
What other possible supplements to beat depression up?

Last edited by Redhood on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i want to put image)

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:

What you think about Gotu Kola for anxiety in my state?
What you think about Histidine to increase histamine levels?
What would be best possible steroid for gym purposes like reduction and muscle building? I am searching for something completely safe for my libido and depression.
What other possible supplements to beat depression up?

Gotu Kola causes glutamate to convert into GABA.
{http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18066140}
Histidine helps to decrease noradrenaline and Serotonin, so Yes, it could help. Smile
[(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19566844)].

Try Epi-Andro; it's legal and powerful.

Depression is rooted in Cortisol and hormone imbalance..check your thyroid hormones again, decrease cortisol if it applies...definitely take care of the Testosterone Issue. Raising DHT can help (Tribulus Terrestris; TT)..

=[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18068966]=

Redhood

Best ways to deal with depression [True Root]  Image1_1

DEPRESSION JOURNAL - 2nd UPDATE

Chemical compunds(AD! FREE):
Accidentaly after being 2-3 weeks on 8mg of Brintellix, I decided that I will not buy another package. So I am free from AD since 20.01.2016. So far not huge change in mood, maybe last 2 days were bad. Probably I will be back on AD once more in near future, but i wish not to. We will see.

Natural supplements:

Shilajit- I will bump dosage to 1g 3x day
Also check my photo of SHILAJIT at the top, is it a good quality? I bought it in my country, it smells like shit and it can resolve in water or milk. But it is resolving slowly and not so good. As it should be my most important compound for Depression i have question - is it should be very good quality? What you think about PURBLACK shilajit?
Mucuna Pruriens 335mg x2 maybe bump to 500mg x2 day
Will 98%L-Dopa Mucuna Pruriens extract will be more favorable for my Depression than 40% extract, but the same safety?
L-HISTIDINE - AjiPure by SWANSON 500mg daily - enough dosage?
Vit. D3 - 1000 IU daily
EPA/DHA - 2000mg
LEMON BALM - 500mg daily (IS IT SAFE FOR LONG TERM?)
SAME - Last 3 days no SAME, i will see how it goes without same. You are sure that i can't take SAME long term, no chance?

For Libido/PSSD issuess:
ADDED Berberine - 400mg daily with food
ADDED Forskolin - 400mcg x1 daily

Turmeric - 1500 mg
Maca - 1000mg daily
Cordyceps - 300mg x3

For Hair Loss:
Biotin - 5mg daily

Changes:
Little change in mood for the worse. Very good at the begging but without Brintellix, my mood slowly going down. Trying bigger dosage of SHILAJIT this week
I've had sex last week. ERECTION IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE. No spontanous erections at all, weak morning erection. Try to get hard, withput masturbation. Probably this come from PROLACTIN issue. Refractory time is super long. I had sex with little addition of alcohol and xanax (it was party hook up) but still  erection was weak as fuck, almost can't penetrate. I am still have higher libido than before, i masturbate 2xday and I am more aroused in normal situations. Sensations and orgasms are still weak.

I AM IN GOOD CONDITION, MOTIVATED TO FURTHER RESEARCH AND BEATING UP THIS STUPID ILNESS.

Questions:

As you can see i almost have my PSSD regimen completed. For now I only skip ARIMIDEX, because i want to start naturally. IS Arimidex safe and is it necessary in my PROZAC/BRINTELLIX PSSD condition? It will not destroy my hormones?

You said GOTU KOLA convert glutamate into GABA, so it is good in my condition?

I have question about other possible Depression treatments that i read about. Tell me what you think?
KANNA- I know it is serotonergic, but also aphrodisiac and could work instead of Brintellix. What you think?
NAC  - some people said it cure their depression
Mianserin - you said it should be my AD of choice. Is it safe, is it cure my PSSD? I read somewhere some french guy post, that he cured his PSSD with mianserin
KRATOM - i know it can be hardly addictive, but many people said it change their lives. Maybe it's some way to use it safely.
P5P- also jave a good opinions about fighting depression
Bacopa Monnieri - another good one from what people saying
Resveratrol
Rhodiola Rosea

PROLACTINE ISSUE - i have opportunity to get a lowest dose of bromocriptine to lower prolactin. Is it good idea?

ERECTION/PSSD ISSUE
- i am thinking about two other supplements long term:
L-Arginine - could help with erection
Catuaba - also good for erection

ONCE AGAIN BLESS YOU AREA AND BE AWARE THAT I AM TAKING YOUR ADVICES, I AM VERY THANKFUL AND I AM MOTIVATED TO BE ANOTHER HEALED PERSON. WAITING FOR YOU ANSWER, TAKE CARE.
ERNEST

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:Best ways to deal with depression [True Root]  Image1_1

DEPRESSION JOURNAL - 2nd UPDATE

Chemical compunds(AD! FREE):
Accidentaly after being 2-3 weeks on 8mg of Brintellix, I decided that I will not buy another package. So I am free from AD since 20.01.2016. So far not huge change in mood, maybe last 2 days were bad. Probably I will be back on AD once more in near future, but i wish not to. We will see.

Natural supplements:

Shilajit- I will bump dosage to 1g 3x day
Also check my photo of SHILAJIT at the top, is it a good quality? I bought it in my country, it smells like shit and it can resolve in water or milk. But it is resolving slowly and not so good. As it should be my most important compound for Depression i have question - is it should be very good quality? What you think about PURBLACK shilajit?
Mucuna Pruriens 335mg x2 maybe bump to 500mg x2 day
Will 98%L-Dopa Mucuna Pruriens extract will be more favorable for my Depression than 40% extract, but the same safety?
L-HISTIDINE - AjiPure by SWANSON 500mg daily - enough dosage?
Vit. D3 - 1000 IU daily
EPA/DHA - 2000mg
LEMON BALM - 500mg daily (IS IT SAFE FOR LONG TERM?)
SAME - Last 3 days no SAME, i will see how it goes without same. You are sure that i can't take SAME long term, no chance?

For Libido/PSSD issuess:
ADDED Berberine - 400mg daily with food
ADDED Forskolin - 400mcg x1 daily

Turmeric - 1500 mg
Maca - 1000mg daily
Cordyceps - 300mg x3

For Hair Loss:
Biotin - 5mg daily

Changes:
Little change in mood for the worse. Very good at the begging but without Brintellix, my mood slowly going down. Trying bigger dosage of SHILAJIT this week
I've had sex last week. ERECTION IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE. No spontanous erections at all, weak morning erection. Try to get hard, withput masturbation. Probably this come from PROLACTIN issue. Refractory time is super long. I had sex with little addition of alcohol and xanax (it was party hook up) but still  erection was weak as fuck, almost can't penetrate. I am still have higher libido than before, i masturbate 2xday and I am more aroused in normal situations. Sensations and orgasms are still weak.

I AM IN GOOD CONDITION, MOTIVATED TO FURTHER RESEARCH AND BEATING UP THIS STUPID ILNESS.

Questions:

As you can see i almost have my PSSD regimen completed. For now I only skip ARIMIDEX, because i want to start naturally. IS Arimidex safe and is it necessary in my PROZAC/BRINTELLIX PSSD condition? It will not destroy my hormones?

You said GOTU KOLA convert glutamate into GABA, so it is good in my condition?

I have question about other possible Depression treatments that i read about. Tell me what you think?
KANNA- I know it is serotonergic, but also aphrodisiac and could work instead of Brintellix. What you think?
NAC  - some people said it cure their depression
Mianserin - you said it should be my AD of choice. Is it safe, is it cure my PSSD? I read somewhere some french guy post, that he cured his PSSD with mianserin
KRATOM - i know it can be hardly addictive, but many people said it change their lives. Maybe it's some way to use it safely.
P5P- also jave a good opinions about fighting depression
Bacopa Monnieri - another good one from what people saying
Resveratrol
Rhodiola Rosea

PROLACTINE ISSUE - i have opportunity to get a lowest dose of bromocriptine to lower prolactin. Is it good idea?

ERECTION/PSSD ISSUE
- i am thinking about two other supplements long term:
L-Arginine - could help with erection
Catuaba - also good for erection

ONCE AGAIN BLESS YOU AREA AND BE AWARE THAT I AM TAKING YOUR ADVICES, I AM VERY THANKFUL AND I AM MOTIVATED TO BE ANOTHER HEALED PERSON. WAITING FOR YOU ANSWER, TAKE CARE.
ERNEST

1.) Shilajit usually doesn't smell that palatable. So Yes, that's Normal and it looks like a good brand but I'll do more research on that particular one to make sure.

2.) 98% L-Dopa MP is fine..that will work.

3.) Lemon Balm is Safe.

4.) Arimidex will optimize your hormones, though, it may not be necessary right away..check estrogen/E2 levels again...to see.

5.) Erection is a complex process, it will take a little while for everything to kick in properly. You can try adding butea superba to the forskolin .

6.) Refractory period is related to PRL; Prolactin but also to levels of FTT; Free Testosterone..which comes back to Estradiol/Estrogen.

7.) You getting enough minerals and macronutrients in your diet?

8.) Enough Protein?

9.) How much SUGAR AND CARBS IN YOUR DIET?

10.) Keep calm, and brintellix is a very sophisticated compound, you will notice changes on and off of it..just remember that, you'll be fine Bud.. Surprised Like a Star @ heaven

Redhood

Depression Journal 3rd UPDATE

My DIET:
I have diet catering and i get food to my door everyday. For couple months i had good diet with all the necessary macronutrients but with gluten, wheat etc. For 2 months i was on a PALEO DIET. However my willpower is not so strong and i eat many cheat meals - shitty porecessed foods etc. But i am starting strict paleo diet in couple of days. Hope that helps. What's your diet recommendations?

IMPORTANT
Some important effects are kicking in. Last weekend I've had awful reaction to something that makes me want to vomit and makes tense with weird feelings. Very similar and almost identical to reaction I had with Moclobemide, Selegiline, Caapi and possibly Kaana and tianeptine. Awful reaction - i feel that i am going better psychically but also at the same time I want to vomit, I feel jitterness, brain zaps etc. Possible reason of this reaction was supplements I take - Berberine, Forskolin, Turmeric or L-Histidine, because that was the things I started lately or maybe too much Shilajit or Gingko Biloba. Do you know what is happening to me? This reactions is happens to me everytime when I take MAO drugs but also happened with tianeptine and Kanna and i don't know why. Important details: Alcohol seems to reduce the symptoms of this reaction. Also I think I have problems with my digestive system (maybe with blood brain barrier, inflammation or serotonin conversion?) Another important thing is that my left leg hurts and my left shoulder blade is very tensed when i feel this MAO adverse reaction. What is this? Maybe i have to go through this and it will get better? Why i only react good to SSRIs, which I hate?

I am depressed and socially anxious again. Without brintellix and SAME i feel more suicidal and more pointless. I don't see much effects for depression with supplements i take right now. Hope it will be better. For libido - erection is still weak, libido is ok and my penis is more sensitive than before.

QUESTIONS:

1.What are another safe things for deppresion in my case - maybe NAC, Inositol, Rhodiola or Lysine?

2.Is it good idea to lower prolactin with medications? Is it permanent after teraphy?

Thanks for everything. Following your advices, Ernest.

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:Depression Journal 3rd UPDATE

My DIET:
I have diet catering and i get food to my door everyday. For couple  months i had good diet with all the necessary macronutrients but with gluten, wheat etc. For 2 months i was on a PALEO DIET. However my willpower is not so strong and i eat many cheat meals - shitty porecessed foods etc. But i am starting strict paleo diet in couple of days. Hope that helps. What's your diet recommendations?

IMPORTANT
Some important effects are kicking in. Last weekend I've had awful reaction to something that makes me want to vomit and makes tense with weird feelings. Very similar and almost identical to reaction I had with Moclobemide, Selegiline, Caapi and possibly Kaana and tianeptine. Awful reaction - i feel that i am going better psychically but also at the same time I want to vomit, I feel jitterness, brain zaps etc. Possible reason of this reaction was supplements I take - Berberine, Forskolin, Turmeric or L-Histidine, because that was the things I started lately or maybe too much Shilajit or Gingko Biloba. Do you know what is happening to me? This reactions is happens to me everytime when I take MAO drugs but also happened with tianeptine and Kanna and i don't know why. Important details: Alcohol seems to reduce the symptoms of this reaction. Also I think I have problems with my digestive system (maybe with blood brain barrier, inflammation or serotonin conversion?) Another important thing is that my left leg hurts and my left shoulder blade is very tensed when i feel this MAO adverse reaction. What is this? Maybe i have to go through this and it will get better? Why i only react good to SSRIs, which I hate?

I am depressed and socially anxious again. Without brintellix and SAME i feel more suicidal and more pointless. I don't see much effects for depression with supplements i take right now. Hope it will be better. For libido - erection is still weak, libido is ok and my penis is more sensitive than before.

QUESTIONS:

1.What are another safe things for deppresion in my case - maybe NAC, Inositol, Rhodiola or Lysine?

2.Is it good idea to lower prolactin with medications? Is it permanent after teraphy?

Thanks for everything. Following your advices, Ernest.

Don't use Kanna.

Lysine is a good supplement and helps bowel issues..everyone should be taking it.

DO NOT USE TOO MUCH GINKGO OR TURMERIC.

You only need 60 mg 3x a day of Ginkgo. Or 120 mg twice a day AT MAXIMUM. No more than that.

Turmeric should not be used in excess, only a bit is needed.

The brain zaps are a result of some inherant serotonergic imbalance...typically they are resultant from too much 5-HT2A/7A activity...

You should add anti-cortisol supplments as well.
Cortisol hastens the ongoing depressive issue and messes with libido and sexual arousal .

What else have you added to your stack?

I've become skeptical of mixing too many different herbs... you should always research plant-based-remedies before using them...a lot of herbs contain MAO-inhibitors...especially Chinese herbs...this then leads to increased serotonin and noradrenaline....

The one's used for Depression , frequently impact breakdown enzymes (MAO-A, COMT etc).

So far though, your stack looks good...

Lysine should definitely be added though.

If you are feeling so crappy off Brintellix, perhaps remedy it with something more stable.

Depression is a complicated illness...you really need to consider whether going off brintellix was the right move or not..and need to talk to your DOC.

Brintellix in itself, is one of the best meds for depression with very minimal side-effects; andd an excellent pharmacodynamic profile.

If necessary, start back on a low-dose...

Redhood

My current stack:
Icariin
Gingko Biloba
Mucuna Pruriens
EGCG
Shilajit
EPA/DHA

It was almost identical reaction to that one i have after MAOi's use. After this weird reaction I had, I stopped Berberine, L-Histidine, Forskolin and Turmeric. I was scared because it was the worst feeling ever. When i stopped everything backs to norm, even brain zaps. Now i am slowly back on Berberine to see is this is the reason of bad reaction. Then I will restart slowly others supplements.

I will add Lysine as fast as i can. I can be back on brintellix too, but i don't know it is clever. I can feel it is messing with my brain. Can i get my libido back and cure PSSD with brintellix? I can also talk with my DOC, but sad true is - he don't know any of this supplements, he only prescribes drugs, drugs, drugs... I probably be back on 5mg of Brintellix.

What about my diet?
What about NAC for depression?
What you think about medications for Prolactin?

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:My current stack:
Icariin
Gingko Biloba
Mucuna Pruriens
EGCG
Shilajit
EPA/DHA

It was almost identical reaction to that one i have after MAOi's use. After this weird reaction I had, I stopped Berberine, L-Histidine,  Forskolin and Turmeric. I was scared because it was the worst feeling ever. When i stopped everything backs to norm, even brain zaps. Now i am slowly back on Berberine to see is this is the reason of bad reaction. Then I will restart slowly others supplements.

I will add Lysine as fast as i can. I can be back on brintellix too, but i don't know it is clever. I can feel it is messing with my brain. Can i get my libido back and cure PSSD with brintellix? I can also talk with my DOC, but sad true is - he don't know any of this supplements, he only prescribes drugs, drugs, drugs... I probably be back on 5mg of Brintellix.

What about my diet?
What about NAC for depression?
What you think about medications for Prolactin?

We can work on things even with brintellix included.

Brintellix antagonizes 5-HT1D , 3A, 7A..so now the remaining serotonin is activating 5-HT4A,5A,6...it acts as a full agonist at 5-HT1A and partial at the 5-ht1b.

With this being said, the issue is that serotonin is being redirected to 5-HT2A.

Can you see to adding Ketanserin?
Ketanserin may be your best bet.
I have a feeling the 2AR is a core issue here..as that receptor mediates/oincrease the cortisol and prolactin level...

I will try to find you a source...don't add too much to your stack at this moment.

I do not recommend NAC.

Redhood

OK sure we can try it, try to find me a source. I hope it will be needed only temporarily Smile

OK i will not add new supplements except lysine.
So i will reconsider Brintellix, maybe I will get back on small dosage. Is it possible that Brintellix lowers my prolactin? Hope not.
Fixing my libido is huge part but another one is depression and social anxiety.

Also i have one pack of TRAZODONE in my home (doc prescribed it to me, but i never tried it), maybe it will do similar things like Ketanserin

Thanks,
Ernest

Last edited by Redhood on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : language)

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:OK sure we can try it, try to find me a source. I hope it will be needed only temporarily Smile

OK i will not add new supplements except lysine.
So i will reconsider Brintellix, maybe I will get back on small dosage. Is it possible that Brintellix lowers my prolactin? Hope not.
Fixing my libido is huge part but another one is depression and social anxiety.

Also i have one pack of TRAZODONE in my home (doc prescribed it to me, but i never tried it), maybe it will do similar things like Ketanserin

Thanks,
Ernest

Trazodone feature's 2A antagonism, but it would likely produce too much serotonin in combination with Brintellix...

If you are depressed off of brintellix, it could be the immediate withdrawal and subsequent depression..but, it could be indicative of an underlying ENDORPHIN deficiency..there are a very few % of people who *ONLY* respond to pro-serotonin supplements/drugs for their Depression..and these particular people are those, whom lack a large amount of beta-endorphin and / or oxytocin...however, dopamine has a stronger effect on oxytocin..histamine has the strongest effect on releasing oxytocin..so those with trust/love/bonding issues and social anxiety, usually have low dopamine and / or low histamine...but , serotonin can be involved as well - particularly , in those who lack serotonin autoreceptor function and thus are getting too much serotonin at the ''wrong'' receptors...

Another example.. 5-HTP ''calms'' some people down..but ONLY if one of two conditions are present.

-Serotonin autoreceptors are properly working, and not desensitized.
-5-HTP creates Serotonin which can then freely convert into MELATONIN.

Serotonin is stimulatory and messes your nerves up at just about every receptor..which means, if you get a calming effect from 5-HTP then your autoreceptors are functioning or you are converting a fair amount to melatonin....

Quite simply, almost every serotonin receptor, when activated, produces an anxiogenic (anxiety-provoking) effect - with exception only of the 5-HT1A autoreceptors (which decreases serotonin release), and in some cases, the 5-HT4 or 5-HT6 Receptors...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15001810
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21397628
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21925519

However, activation of post-synaptic 5-HT1A has stress adaptation effects..that means, it helps one handle stress when post-synaptics are activated under certain conditions...but there are also negatives to activating it...the post-synaptic receptor is on the involvement of beta-endorphin whereas the pre-synaptic 1A promotes oxytocin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24258351

Redhood

Ok so i will stay off Trazodone.

But in my case not only serotonin drugs worked - Wellbutrin worked also, and I was able to handle my depression with Wellbutrin without serotonin drugs for 6 months. After reading your articles i can have not only PSSD but Wellbutrin SD also, especially when it comes to erection. To be honest wellbutrin antidepressant effect was more favorable to me than SSRI. It produces better focus, better sex and more emotions/normal state. But weird anxiety and cognitive side effects were not so good.

Then I tried 5-HTP after fluoxetine treatment, because in the internet it is most popular "natural" alternative for SSRI. It not worked. So maybe serotonin receptors are not working properly.
But with the same logic maybe Mucuna Pruriens is not working properly because of destroyed dopamine receptors.

And with this thoery of excess serotonin in my gut - remember that I reacted with vomitting with these weird side effects not only with serotonin drugs - also with SELEGILINE. So i points me toward MAOis. However similar effects happen with tianeptine etc. So i don't what is happening with my brain and body, heh.

Thanks for help, still following your steps Smile

BTW. Tell me what you think about prolactin drugs, i am seriously consider them as a step to balance my hormones.
Ernest

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Redhood wrote:

BTW. Tell me what you think about prolactin drugs, i am seriously consider them as a step to balance my hormones.
Ernest

They can have some significant side-effects and may complicate the situation more...furthermore, they are for a diagnosed prolactin issue ; in which you know prolactin is the CORE issue.

Dopamine Agonists are also not for those with significant energy production issues and may prove to be very difficult to get off of...thus, they are not recommended in the majority of sexual dysfunction cases nor in cases of Depression unless we are sure what the issue..however, there are a couple exceptions...

Bromocriptine may be worth it but it interacts with a whole lot, including Brintellix..you could give Requip or Pramipexole a go, though...they are relatively harmless and pretty effective overall...but, they should be started at a low dose...initially, you will get some tiredness as a side-effect which can be counter-acted easily with Forskolin and Caffeine... Prami is better for Depression...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum