Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Massimo PSSD, I need some suggestions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Massimo PSSD, I need some suggestions  Empty Massimo PSSD, I need some suggestions Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 am

Massimo

Hi Area,

I' m 25 male from Italy.(Sorry for my poor knowledge of english)
I have PSSD symptoms since I've stopped Citalopram 5 months ago after 4 years of use at low doses.
I' m really scared to remain in this nightmare. I need to be fixed.

I've done my blood tests and my hormanal values are in the normal range. In the last two months I' ve tried L-tyrosine 750 mg x2 and Choline 600 mg per day and I' ve got only a little bit relief but now there are no longer improvements. My function passed from 5% to 20% maybe.

I' m gonna contact a neuropharmacoligist in the next weeks. Do you think Fenclonine could be a real solution for us? I know it was tried on humans in the seventies but no more studies were done becouse its severe side effects. Do you think a serotinin depletion could be the key? But there are no possibility to try Fenclonine here.

I read a lot of your articles and about your recovery with berberine+ icariin therapy. I want to give it a try after a period with high dose of Maca. Do you think it could be the right way for me? Do you have any advice to give me?

Thanks for your help,

Massimo

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Massimo wrote:Hi Area,

I' m 25 male from Italy.(Sorry for my poor knowledge of english)
I have PSSD symptoms since I've stopped Citalopram 5 months ago after 4 years of use at low doses.
I' m really scared to remain in this nightmare. I need to be fixed.

I've done my blood tests and my hormanal values are in the normal range. In the last two months I' ve tried L-tyrosine 750 mg x2 and Choline 600 mg per day and I' ve got only a little bit relief but now there are no longer improvements. My function passed from 5% to 20% maybe.

I' m gonna contact a neuropharmacoligist in the next weeks. Do you think Fenclonine could be a real solution for us? I know it was tried on humans in the seventies but no more studies were done becouse its severe side effects. Do you think a serotinin depletion could be the key? But there are no possibility to try Fenclonine here.

I read a lot of your articles and about your recovery with berberine+ icariin therapy. I want to give it a try after a period with high dose of Maca. Do you think it could be the right way for me? Do you have any advice to give me?

Thanks for your help,

Massimo

Fenclonine is a tryptophan-hydroxylase inhibitor, therefore it stops the production of serotonin in the body/brain HOWEVER, the brain of the human and large mammals have significant response systems for this which means, that the 'reserve' is kicked in and the human bodily response to direct enzyme inhibition is to increase the AMOUNT of serotonin receptors and to use what is being stored.

Fenclonine has bad side-effects NOT due to it's serotonin inhibition, but rather because it ALSO depletes catecholamines like dopamine and norepinephrine.

Arrow http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135268
Arrow http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16460708
Arrow http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/130177

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

As far as your condition, I would need more information to make a determination.
Tell me, is your blood pressure normally run low or high? Or normal.
What is your exercise and dietary habits?
If L-Tyrosine & Choline helped you, then I would say Mucuna Pruriens Extract (L-Dopa) should do even more for you.

Most PSSD sufferers present with symptoms of acetylcholine deficiency as well as glutamate deficiency. The idea is to reverse a hypoglutamatergic as well as a hypocholinergic state where and when relevant. Aniracetam + D-Aspartic Acid + Sarcosine and Mucuna Pruriens might work wonders for you.

Again, I can't stress enough the importance of further testing to be assured of your specific endocrine state. As hormones still control powerfully, most of the sexual functions, what often happens is we DON'T realize that our hormones are messed up as we only present with *some* of the symptoms. Therefore it may be entirely possible that upon discontinuation of a long-term administration of an SSRI, our bodies are simply redered *less sensitive* to the effects of given hormones (i.e Testosterone). Therefore we need more of it to get the same effects and when we pass that 'threshold' is when we see symptoms alleviated.

Massimo

Man thanks for all you do for us. You' re great! You' re a hope in this madness.

About me, I 'm in normal weight 183 cm x 80 kg. My pressure is 110/75. I have a mediterranean diet: pasta, vegetables, olive oil, fish, meat, fruits, eggs, milk, cereals.. Unfortunatly this summer I stayed at home becouse I broke 2 bones in July and so I' haven' t done any exercise. But I'm going to restart sport here in september (basket Basketball ).
I've also a little bit anxiety and depression issues and my sleep is not so restorating as it was before. I'm a smoker. I know is bad but I find very hard to stop now. It give me a kind of energy and improve my focus against brain fog for my studies.. I hope to stay a little bit better for tapering cigarettes.

Here my hormones values tested in May ( I could repeat them soon ) :

TSH 0,717 mcrU/ml [ 0,350- 4,950 ]
LH 1,62 mIU/ ml [0,6 - 12,0 ]
FSH 2,57 mIU/ml [1,0 - 12,0 ]
PRL 11,10 ng/ml [3,0 - 20, 0 ]
17-Beta- ESTRADIOLO 25,0 pg/ml [11,0 - 44,0]
TESTOSTERONE 5,48 ng/ml [1,42- 9,23 ]
CORTISOLO 14,3 ug/ml [ 3,7 - 19,4 ]
ACTH 21,0 pg/ml [ < 46,0 ]

Thank you for your suggestion. I choosed Choline and L-Tyrosine because I tought they are precursor of several neurotransmitters but I think is naive thinking... I read acetylcholine is important for arousal and erection and L- tyrosine a dopamine, noradrenaline and tiroxine precursor. I have to admit L-tyrosine doesn' t help really much and choline maybe helps only a bit with aurosal and spontaneus erections but nothing about libido and orgasm pleasure. I don't know if my improvements are come naturally or from sups.

I have many toughts about recovery story as yours.. Everybody healed I read have taken some kind of substances working also on serotoninergic synapse: your recovery with berb and Icariin, a guy who claimed his slow healing process with licorice root and another one with SJW withdrawal. Do you think possible berberine has remodulated your normal 5-ht receptor expression? Have dopaminergic done any pre-healing changes for your condition?

I want make the trick and I' m ready for risk attempting.
Do you think Maca, D-aspartic Acid, Sarcosine, Aniracetam could be only a good relief stack of sups or a healing solution?
And why do you think berb + icariin + L-hystidine therapy could doesn' t work for me?

Thanks again Jason,
Hugs from Italy

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Massimo wrote:Man thanks for all you do for us. You' re great! You' re a hope in this madness.

About me, I 'm in normal weight 183 cm x 80 kg. My pressure is 110/75. I have a mediterranean diet: pasta, vegetables, olive oil, fish, meat, fruits, eggs, milk, cereals.. Unfortunatly this summer I stayed at home  becouse I broke 2 bones in July and so I' haven' t done any exercise. But I'm going to restart sport here in september (basket  Basketball ).
I've also a little bit anxiety and depression issues and my sleep is not so restorating as it was before. I'm a smoker. I know is bad but  I find very hard to stop now. It give me a kind of energy and improve my focus against brain fog for my studies.. I hope to stay a little bit better for tapering cigarettes.

Here my hormones values tested in May ( I  could repeat them soon ) :

TSH      0,717 mcrU/ml          [ 0,350- 4,950 ]
LH        1,62 mIU/ ml            [0,6 - 12,0 ]
FSH      2,57 mIU/ml             [1,0 - 12,0 ]
PRL      11,10 ng/ml              [3,0 - 20, 0 ]
17-Beta- ESTRADIOLO 25,0 pg/ml  [11,0 - 44,0]
TESTOSTERONE  5,48 ng/ml   [1,42- 9,23 ]
CORTISOLO  14,3       ug/ml   [ 3,7 - 19,4 ]
ACTH           21,0      pg/ml    [ < 46,0 ]

Thank you for your suggestion. I choosed Choline and L-Tyrosine because I tought they are precursor of several neurotransmitters but I think is naive thinking... I read acetylcholine is important for arousal and erection and L- tyrosine a dopamine, noradrenaline and tiroxine precursor. I have to admit L-tyrosine doesn' t help really much and choline maybe helps only a bit with aurosal and spontaneus erections but nothing about libido and orgasm pleasure. I don't know if my improvements are come naturally or from sups.

I have many toughts about recovery story as yours.. Everybody healed I read have taken some kind of substances working also on serotoninergic synapse: your recovery with berb and Icariin, a guy who claimed his slow healing process with licorice root and another one with SJW withdrawal. Do you think possible berberine has remodulated your normal 5-ht receptor expression? Have dopaminergic done any pre-healing changes for your condition?

I want make the trick and I' m ready for risk attempting.
Do you think Maca, D-aspartic Acid, Sarcosine, Aniracetam could be only a good relief stack of sups or a healing solution?
And why do you think berb + icariin + L-hystidine therapy could doesn' t work for me?

Thanks again Jason,
Hugs from Italy

Well keep with the diet that is good for you! Olive Oil is good stuff, I use it in a lot of my cooking.

I think Berberine + Icariin may help you, but they don't really help the anhedonia aspects of PSSD, nor do they really affect the cognitive functions. Those two are more or less 'sexual-arousal agents' which primarily affect erection and refractory period. Their start and end is there.

Your hormones seem alright, but the TSH being on the low end begs a bigger question.

• Is it low because your thyroid hormone production is low?
  • Or is it low because your thyroid hormones are being actively converted into ''active'' T4 & T3?

Arrow I would get T4 and T3 serum levels my friend.
Arrow Figuring that out would help to determine whether you have an actual thyroid issue which may be influencing your neurotransmitters etc.

You could try Berberine + Icariin but those two are only for the arousal/erection aspect not for sexual desire nor anhedonia, nor memory issues...although Icariin may promote memory to some degree.

I would still look into DAA, Sarcosine & Aniracetam.

Exclamation At the very least, do your own research on them & ANYTHING you might come across. Exclamation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum