Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My PSSD, blood and genetics results, need advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

petersven

Hi,
I suffer from emotional blunting and sexual dysfunction, PSSD, after I used Paroxetine for 3 months 1,5 years ago. Before that I had used Sertraline with no post-use side effects. Any comments or suggestion on treatment are truly appreciated!

My symptoms are:
Much less libodo, less sensitive, less erection, more watery semen etc in comparsion to before SSRI. No contact with penis, penis feel remote, numb, do not feel anything when I urinate. Also I am emotionally numb, cannot feel those deep sensations of joy, less sensation on skin (cold water is not as cold) and sensual aspect of touch, some hairloss. Do not get aroused by naked bodies, images etc. Feel isolated from the world and not in contact with other people, family does not feel close. Not motivated in career or life in general. Faint and light heartbeat, not strong as it used to be. Difficulty in word finding, tired brain, brain fog. Difficulty assimilating new information, memory loss. Lack of dreaming. Loss of appetite.

I also have taken a genetics test through 23andMe and below are the results for methylation and detox. I am thinking about supplementing for MTHFR but do not know how yet. Also I thinking about if the liver could not detox properly from the drug. Below is also bloodwork. Let me know if any other results could be relevant.

I am eating paleo-ish and living a normal healthy life, doing therapy and are on my way feeling psychologically better (I think and hope). I have not tried any strong supplements. Choline made things better, at least for a while I think. Sleep deprivation from severe jet lag also make me fell emotional. Chinese medicine also lifted things for a while, at the same time as heart beat got stronger by the herbs I recall.

Blood test:
S-Testosteron 22nmol/L (range 8,6-29)
S-T3 (free) 5,1pmol/L (3,5-5,4)

S-Follitropin(FSH) 1,3E/L (1,0-12,5)
S-Lutropin (LH) 2,7E/L (1,2-9,6)

Thyriod (levels were increased 1 year after SSRI compared to 1 year before SSRI)
S-TSH, tyrotropin 2,5mE/L (1,5mE/L before SSRI) (0,4-3,5)
S-T4 (free) 11pmol/L (10 before SSRI) (8-14)

B-LPK 6,3*10(9)/l (4,5*10(9)/l 2 years ago)

Methylation Profile (geneticgenie)
COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CC -/-
COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-
VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/-
VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-
MAO A R297R rs6323 T +/+
ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/-
MTHFR C677T rs1801133 GG -/-
MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/-
MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/-
MTR A2756G rs1805087 AG +/-
MTRR A66G rs1801394 GG +/+
MTRR K350A rs162036 AA -/-
MTRR A664A rs1802059 GG -/-
BHMT-02 rs567754 CC -/-
BHMT-08 rs651852 CT +/-
AHCY-01 rs819147 TT -/-
AHCY-19 rs819171 TT -/-
CBS C699T rs234706 GG -/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-

Heterozygous
VDR Bsm
VDR Taq
MTHFR A1298C
MTR A2756G
BHMT-08
CBS A360A

Homozygous
MAO A R297R
MTRR A66G

Detox Profile:

Heterozygous
CYP1A2 164A>C
CYP1B1 L432V
CYP1B1 R48G
CYP2C19*17
CYP2D6 S486T
CYP2D6 2850C>T
CYP3A4*3 M445T
GSTP1 I105V
SOD2 A16V
NAT2 I114T

Homozygous
NAT2 K268R

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

petersven wrote:Hi,
I suffer from emotional blunting and sexual dysfunction, PSSD, after I used Paroxetine for 3 months 1,5 years ago. Before that I had used Sertraline with no post-use side effects. Any comments or suggestion on treatment are truly appreciated!

My symptoms are:
Much less libodo, less sensitive, less erection, more watery semen etc in comparsion to before SSRI. No contact with penis, penis feel remote, numb, do not feel anything when I urinate. Also I am emotionally numb, cannot feel those deep sensations of joy, less sensation on skin (cold water is not as cold) and sensual aspect of touch, some hairloss. Do not get aroused by naked bodies, images etc. Feel isolated from the world and not in contact with other people, family does not feel close. Not motivated in career or life in general. Faint and light heartbeat, not strong as it used to be. Difficulty in word finding, tired brain, brain fog. Difficulty assimilating new information, memory loss. Lack of dreaming. Loss of appetite.  

I also have taken a genetics test through 23andMe and below are the results for methylation and detox. I am thinking about supplementing for MTHFR but do not know how yet. Also I thinking about if the liver could not detox properly from the drug. Below is also bloodwork. Let me know if any other results could be relevant.

I am eating paleo-ish and living a normal healthy life, doing therapy and are on my way feeling psychologically better (I think and hope). I have not tried any strong supplements. Choline made things better, at least for a while I think. Sleep deprivation from severe jet lag also make me fell emotional. Chinese medicine also lifted things for a while, at the same time as heart beat got stronger by the herbs I recall.

Blood test:
S-Testosteron 22nmol/L (range 8,6-29)
S-T3 (free) 5,1pmol/L (3,5-5,4)

S-Follitropin(FSH) 1,3E/L (1,0-12,5)
S-Lutropin (LH) 2,7E/L (1,2-9,6)

Thyriod (levels were increased 1 year after SSRI compared to 1 year before SSRI)
S-TSH, tyrotropin 2,5mE/L (1,5mE/L before SSRI) (0,4-3,5)
S-T4 (free) 11pmol/L (10 before SSRI) (8-14)

So your hormone's seem to be fine.

The decreased heart rate is not uncommon for current And Past SSRI users. This is due to low levels of the second messenger 'cAMP'; Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate and / or a dysfunction in the KREBS-PKA pathway. These are epigenetic effects induced by SSRI.

You want to cause cAMP-PKA pathway to be 'rebooted', given your history, you should look into "Butea Superba" extract in combination with high-dose Forskolin; long term and do these two for 3-6months or more.

What is your BLOOD PRESSURE normally like?

You can also try adding some other sups that work through this pathway...a histamine H3 antagonist might help.

Betahistine or hollarhena antidysenterica may help...the latter is also known as 'KUTAJ' - it is an INDIAN HERB.

Very good stuff, just don't use too much and TITRATE very VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

petersven

Area-1255 wrote:

The decreased heart rate is not uncommon for current And Past SSRI users. This is due to low levels of the second messenger 'cAMP'; Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate and / or a dysfunction in the KREBS-PKA pathway. These are epigenetic effects induced by SSRI.

You want to cause cAMP-PKA pathway to be 'rebooted', given your history, you should look into "Butea Superba" extract in combination with high-dose Forskolin; long term and do these two for 3-6months or more.

You can also try adding some other sups that work through this pathway...a histamine H3 antagonist might help.

Betahistine or hollarhena antidysenterica may help...the latter is also known as 'KUTAJ' - it is an INDIAN HERB.

Very good stuff, just don't use too much and TITRATE very VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.

Hi Area, thanks for your reply!

Blood pressure this summer was 70/120. I easily get dizzy when I stand up quickly, more than others. But I am also tall, 6'3.

Thanks for the suggestions. Could you recommend start doses? What do you think about going to a good Chinese medicine doctor for herbs? They usually focus on heartbeat I think?

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

petersven wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

Blood pressure this summer was 70/120. I easily get dizzy when I stand up quickly, more than others. But I am also tall, 6'3.

Thanks for the suggestions. Could you recommend start doses? What do you think about going to a good Chinese medicine doctor for herbs? They usually focus on heartbeat I think?

Well First, do you have any Anxiety disorder at Present? An actual diagnosis , not just symptoms.

Also, any predisposition to HEART VALVE ISSUES in your family? 'Mitral Valve Prolapse' etc

HOW OLD ARE YOU??

What ethnicity / nationality are You?

• You could start Kutaj (hollarhena antidysenterica) with the symptoms you describe .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two to three capsules once a day of the MORPHEME brand might do Wonders.

Forskolin should be taken at a STARTING dose of about 125 mg  , working your way up to 500 mg and I use the 'analyzed supplements' brand - it's the best out there.

Butea Superba; take one capsule twice a day of this brand.
http://barlowesherbalelixirs.com/3-butea-superba-301-extract.html

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

Area-1255 wrote:
petersven wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

Well First, do you have any Anxiety disorder at Present? An actual diagnosis , not just symptoms.

Also, any predisposition to HEART VALVE ISSUES in your family? 'Mitral Valve Prolapse' etc

HOW OLD ARE YOU??

• You could start Kutaj (hollarhena antidysenterica) with the symptoms you describe .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forskolin should be taken at a STARTING dose of about 125 mg  , working your way up to 500 mg and I use the 'analyzed supplements' brand - it's the best out there.

petersven

Area-1255 wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU??

[/quote]

I appreciate it!

I am 30 y.o, Scandinavian. I have had GAD (pretty severe) for all my adult life and have been doing therapy for almost as long. But recently I have found a new therapist and I am on my way recovering, I really think so.

Both my grandparents passed away by stroke, but I do not think it had to do with the heart valve..?! Other from that I do not know of any.

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

petersven wrote:
I appreciate it!

I am 30 y.o, Scandinavian. I have had GAD (pretty severe) for all my adult life and have been doing therapy for almost as long. But recently I have found a new therapist and I am on my way recovering, I really think so.

Both my grandparents passed away by stroke, but I do not think it had to do with the heart valve..?! Other from that I do not know of any.

Ok, stick with Butea Superba & Forskolin then..if you do use Kutaj/Kutaja - START WITH VERY LOW DOSES..
(like one capsule twice or thrice a day) Exclamation Exclamation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum