Area-1255
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Started Taking Berberine and Icariin

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:01 pm

ib1los

I really appreciate the words of wisdom and support area - I will check those supplements out.

The worst part of the break up is mainly that I still live with her (until the end of this month) so its hard to move on the way I want to and block her out of my mind completely.

But I definitely need to realize I am better off with out her.

I just ordered some more berberine and icarrin as well because now that Im back on the market I am going to need all the confidence I can get to handle the ups and downs of the dating scene lol.

27Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

ib1los wrote:I really appreciate the words of wisdom and support area - I will check those supplements out.

The worst part of the break up is mainly that I still live with her (until the end of this month) so its hard to move on the way I want to and block her out of my mind completely.

But I definitely need to realize I am better off with out her.  

I just ordered some more berberine and icarrin as well because now that Im back on the market I am going to need all the confidence I can get to handle the ups and downs of the dating scene lol.

The worst or best part of dating is in the beholder : Anticipation. If you do well with it then you're good to go. If not so much then its like a game, except with all of your emotions high tuned.

Yeah definitely look into AT LEAST the KSM-66. Its good stuff.

I've had multiple people  come to me and e-mail me saying how much it has helped them, particularly with dealing with daily and weekly stress. So of course I recommend it because of that, not because it has a brand name.

https://area-1255.forumotion.com

28Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm

ib1los

I will definitely buy that KSM-66. Another question, I just got my lipids lab results back and my HDL is 52 (up from 39 3 months ago) and my LDL is 175 (up from 156 3 months ago).

So basically after starting my new diet i've lost 30 lbs of weight, and my good and bad cholesterol both went up.

What do you think?

29Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:41 pm

ib1los

also TRIGLYCERIDES went from 320 to 143 in the past 3 months.

30Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

ib1los wrote:I will definitely buy that KSM-66. Another question, I just got my lipids lab results back and my HDL is 52 (up from 39 3 months ago) and my LDL is 175 (up from 156 3 months ago).

So basically after starting my new diet i've lost 30 lbs of weight, and my good and bad cholesterol both went up.

What do you think?

If you are leaning out it could be a rapid spike in hormones and / or decreased estrogen levels. Cholesterol and cholesterol utilization tends to increase whenever hormones are rapidly increased, so that would be my guess. Maybe check your thyroid and E2 levels again.

Far as triglycerides, I honestly have no idea, it could be anything. It could be that your run of berberine altered the AMPK-expression temporarily, which created a rebound (though rare). It could also be coincidence, or related to the fats you are eating?

What EFA's and how much Omega-3 and Omega-6 *approximately* are in your diet?

31Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm

ib1los

well im on the PALEO diet - mainly meat and vegetables fruit and nut. I eat no rice, or wheat, or flour, or bread, or potatoes etc.

32Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 am

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

ib1los wrote:well im on the  PALEO diet - mainly meat and vegetables fruit and nut. I eat no rice, or wheat, or flour, or bread, or potatoes etc.

Yeah but that shouldn't do it alone. You could add more garlic to your food, maybe take Turmeric supplement if you are concerned [1].

Generally though, Cholesterol isn't much to worry about if it isn't causing you issues.

--> https://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/07/symptoms-of-high-cholesterol-does-high.html

Last edited by Area-1255 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:40 pm

ib1los

Hey side question - it looks like the progress I made has now gone away.

I am back to no being able to maintain an erection now - I don't know what to think because I actually started exercising more now (going to the gym) I stared taking the berberine and icarrin mix, I started taking a multi vitamin, and i take turmeric and ashwogonda.

plus my diet has not changed eating 96% meats and vegetables and fruits and nuts.

Any suggestions ?

34Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

ib1los wrote:Hey side question - it looks like the progress I made has now gone away.

I am back to no being able to maintain an erection now - I don't know what to think because I actually started exercising more now (going to the gym) I stared taking the berberine and icarrin mix, I started taking a multi vitamin, and i take turmeric and ashwogonda.

plus my diet has not changed eating 96% meats and vegetables and fruits and nuts.

Any suggestions ?

Then stop taking Turmeric. It has very mild anti-androgenic properties that you may be too sensitive too.  Keep taking the rest. See if that changes it.

35Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

ib1los

I need your help area - I’m losing hope here everything
Seems to work for some time but then dies down.

I don’t know what else to do - has anyone tried to use neuroplasticity therapy to make other receptors?

36Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm

ib1los

Can we talk about the main issue here with more depth- if the ssri blocks reuptake why Don’t the symptoms go away once you stop taking the SSRI.

Can’t neuroplasticity work here?

37Started Taking Berberine and Icariin - Page 2 Empty Re: Started Taking Berberine and Icariin Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Area-1255

Area-1255
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer

ib1los wrote:Can we talk about the main issue here with more depth- if the ssri blocks reuptake why Don’t the symptoms go away once you stop taking the SSRI.

Can’t neuroplasticity work here?

The serotonin transporters typically get downregulated and then the "autoreceptors" become desensitized which leads to a sustained "enhanced" serotonin release constantly, day and night. This creates artificially enhanced melatonin levels, decreased dopamine, decreased cyclic AMP and other messengers which leads to PSSD symptoms.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum